Cozy Curried Peanut Soup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 inch knob ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large, sweet potato, diced
- 1, 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup MUMGRY Smooth Peanut Butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add the serrano, garlic, shallot, and ginger. Saute until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in
- the tomato paste and spices and saute another minute.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, sweet potato, tomatoes, chickpeas, and coconut milk. Bring
- to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes
- are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to desired consistency. Taste and season
- with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley and sliced serrano to top!